Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How would I get work in Alberta's Oil field industy? Just arrived from Ontario, need a good job fast!!?

Me and my fiance just moved to Alberta from Ontario. We live in the Edmonton Area, but I am looking to get a really good paying job on the oil rigs but have no clue how to get ';in.'; My fiance suggested we drive to Fort McMurray, but we have no idea where to go when we get there. I want to work hard and get paid alot. I heard places pay alot, like 6 to 8 thousand a month. I am a hard worker, with lots of factory experience, and dont mind working for weeks at a time. I want to provide a good life for me and my future wife. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to respond. Thanks everyone!How would I get work in Alberta's Oil field industy? Just arrived from Ontario, need a good job fast!!?
Here's an interesting search engine that lets you search employers' websites directly to show available jobs in your area, even by postal code.How would I get work in Alberta's Oil field industy? Just arrived from Ontario, need a good job fast!!?
Are you sure you really want to work on the rigs? You are out of town for 2 sometimes 3 weeks straight out of the month. It really takes a toll on relationships. But yeah if you really insist on working on the rigs go to Nisqu. Report Abuse

The city of edmonton is hiring right now if you really want to stay in the city and be with your girl. They want to hire 300 people and so far they have had less the 100 applied. You can go to Edmonton.ca and look for the city job section to apply. Report Abuse

From everything I hear, it's not that difficult. There is a lot work in Edmonton for building upgraders/refineries and for modular work for Ft McMurray. You could go up to Ft McMurray but I don't think it's necessary. I would suggest just looking in the paper and talking to as many people as possible.
Try Grande Prairie too. Apply to the companies in person with your steel toed boots on ready to go. Pick a company you'd like to work for like Suncor or others and gear your goals to them. Do some research by phone calls to the HR departments, etc. Lots of work in northeastern Alberta too as well as northern BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment