Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I have confirmed employment with texaco's captain oil field, after a short online iterview.Isit true or fraud?

I have been confirmed employment with Texaco's captain oil field, Scotland through ATM Recruiter Services after a short online interview. In contract agreement, they didn't mention about my necessary documents like passport, visa, work permit etc. I have been given very short period to start my job. I am not clear about this. Please tell me, this employment is true or fraud?I have confirmed employment with texaco's captain oil field, after a short online iterview.Isit true or fraud?
It does sound a little fishy to me. Not sure what position you were hired for, but every professional position I interviewed for (in America) had had 2 sets of interviews. If you want to be certain before you leave your old home and hop on a plane, try calling Texaco directly.I have confirmed employment with texaco's captain oil field, after a short online iterview.Isit true or fraud?
this is definitely fraud, did they asked your personal details? of course they DO ask this kind of questions in an interview. I am sorrrrry...........
You are right to be suspicious .. it is extremely unusual to 'interview' via the web .. you can be who you like on the web .. even a Video Conference would only be a 'first interview' ... I can't imagine anyone offering a job without seeing the candidate in person (what if you are in a wheelchair ? or suffer from motor-neuron disease ?)





You should check out all the contact details they provided .. is the phone number correct for the country / address ? Is the address correct for the Company name etc.





If the phone number checks out, find some excuse to ring them up - perhaps to clarify when your first months Salary will be paid or for details of their pension or private medical scheme or some such .. how they answer should provide confirmation ..





If they are in any way legit, they will send you an Offer of Employment through the post .. if it's an invitation to send them 拢拢拢拢's for 'administration fees' or 'transit documents' or 'travel pickets' or some such you can start to suspect a Fraud.





NB. I assume you have NOT given them you bank details ? (If you have, the next time you hear from them might be when they try to empty your Bank account .. or apply for Credit Cards in your name ..)

No comments:

Post a Comment