Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oil field clothes what to do?

My husband works in the oil field his clothes always smell funky and are nasty than all get out. Is there any new advance's in the cleaning them? For now all I pressure wash them with engine cleaner and then put them through the wash with dawn dish liquid then with washing detegent.Oil field clothes what to do?
In addition to the coke a cola use a shot of lemon DISH SOAP! sounds strange I know....but it really does work! Oh, use the coke in a can. Don't ask me what the difference is but the canned cola works better. Good luck!Oil field clothes what to do?
The only detergent that I ever used was Era-plus. The smell can be elimunated by adding vinegar to the rinse cycle.If you can air dry them, that helps a great deal.(Doesn't Dawn dish soap mess with your washer?)And use only HOT water.
my wife made me buy her a different washing machine to wash my nomex clothes in. she used driveway degreaser as a spot treater





Possum
HONESTLY THIS IS TRUE, POUR A CAN OF COCO COLA IN THE WASHER WHE YOU WASH HIS CLOTHES.
Try Castrol Cleaner and De greaser. You can get it at wal-mart, it comes in a purple bottle it works great just pour some in the wash with your husbands cloths and you can spray it on the really bad spots the grease and oil will come right out. Make sure you don't get the concrete cleaner there are 2 diffrent ones made by Castrol.
My husband used to work in the oilfield, too. What worked for me was to rub hand cleaner, like Gojo, on the oily, greasey areas. Let that sit a few minutes to soften the sludge up and then wash with a strong detergent like Wisk in hot water.
I knew men who worked on rivers cleaning oil spills, thier company made recommendations on what to use and even offered a special product to wash jump suits in...

No comments:

Post a Comment