Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm 46 and have much work experience to offer an employer, Am i too old to work for a oil field company?

in machine repair and maintenance, i'm a very motivated self starter type person with no issues, but will they say i'm to old?I'm 46 and have much work experience to offer an employer, Am i too old to work for a oil field company?
The old professor says: Probably not. I have trained many in the geosciences to work in oil fields and while on site at many I did see older fellows working on pump engine repair and other similar jobs. I would think if you felt you could get a job as an auto mechanic in a garage at your age, why not in an oil field doing almost the same thing?I'm 46 and have much work experience to offer an employer, Am i too old to work for a oil field company?
There are hundreds of shops in Texas and Louisiana that will hire you in a second - check the Houstonchronicle.com jobs section. Much depends on what kind of machine repair and maintainence experience you have. You are definitely not too old.
First that is against the law. U must sell your self and the oil co. do have the money . Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment